My Eating Disorder Weight Loss

Saturday, July 3, 2010

You don't realise how far you have walked, until you look back...



Hi.

I can only apologise for the days of silence that have passed. I'm sure with my site being 'down' it may have looked like i'd packed up shop, but i haven't. Mymirrorimage just needed to be funded differently which meant a lack of payment at the time.

It has been a difficult June, mostly because i have been jumping up and down from 140lbs, when i really wanted to be on 130lbs (at least) by now. But i am back under 140lbs and determined to get far under it now.
One of the reasons i chose to write now is because i think i'm still in shock by what happened today, but i realised how 'bad' my ED was. Here's the tale:


My mum knows about my ED, and she even goes as far as emptying out my containers of vomit which i try to keep hidden from her out of shame. I hate her doing this and she will search my room for them. Yesterday i purged about 3 times and filled two containers.

I have one container which my mum knows about and checks, but i have another which i secretly keep somewhere else which she doesn't know about. It's like my backup.

When i got home from work today, i tried to help my mum put the shopping away. I get quite posessive over any food and like to put it away in a certain order or form, etc. When i tried to help today my mum told me to just 'get out'. It really upset me and i'd been feeling on edge for days - wanting to cry but not being able to.

I went upstairs and checked my second container only to find that it wasn't there. I frantically checked everywhere only to realise that mum must have found it and thrown it away. That was the final straw and i just broke down and cried for 30 mins. I was so angry and scared because it was my back up. That's when i realised how far my ED has come - when i'm crying over the loss of a plastic container. I mean, it felt like a rug had been pulled from under me.

So.... Today has been tiring. After i stopped crying, and my mum hugged me, we had lunch. They went out and i purged it. Then i fell asleep for a few hours before getting up and eating again.

Yeah - it's going to get really boring repeating it, but i ate and vomitted a few times. Although the fact my sister is around so much and keeps follwing me is making it frustratingly difficult to purge after i've eaten. I have to be really creul and cold to her sometimes for no reason just to get her to leave me alone so i can purge. I am always sorry that i have to do that.

I am determined to stay under 140 today despite eating and doing no exercise. So i've purged, used a suppository laxative and i have taken 6 laxatives which are probably going to kick in around the time my shift starts at 6.30am tomorrow morning! shit!
Sorry this is brief, i need to get some shut-eye. Hope you are all ok.

I'm scared.

Poppy xox

2 comments:

  1. This might bother you or make you angry at me, but ... the fact that your mother knows about your ED and is doing nothing about it pisses me off. According to your blogs, she even makes it worse by insinuating that you need to lose weight.

    What is going on here? Does she not know how serious bulimia is? Does she have an ED herself? What kind of mother lets her daughter live with bulimia day after day without doing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Poppy! I am always getting told I need to eat or to stop working out so much because "my hair will fall out" "I won't be able to stand without fainting" or "I will have a pale face and sunken eyes" so I understand how terrible it feels to have someone always on you about what you're eating or not eating. I know it can get better for you.

    Oh, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but where are you? Are you ok? I miss the blogs!

    ReplyDelete